Think that dental veneers may be the right choice for you? If one or more of your teeth are chipped, broken, stained or oddly shaped, know that these are just a few of the problems that veneers can fix. There have been many improvements in the dental niche in recent years, all of which give patients…
Caring For Dental Veneers and Dental Crowns
Family & Cosmetic Dental Design is regularly asked for tips on caring for dental veneers and dental crowns. We are using dental crowns and dental veneers to restore teeth that have been cracked or chipped or to restore teeth where a significant portion of the enamel has been lost. Since porcelain crowns look like natural teeth, it is also possible to use this solution as part of an overall smile makeover. For this reason, many Albuquerque patients are visiting us for new crowns or even to replace their old ones that are silver or appear dated.
Once placed, there's no set time frame for how long dental veneers or crowns will last. However, if you take good care of them, there is no reason for dental crowns to become damaged or need to be replaced. The key is maintaining proper oral health and being cautious with how you treat your restorations.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment call our 87109 dental office at (505) 359-2289.
Caring for Dental Veneers and Dental Crowns
Family & Cosmetic Dental Design will provide you with a full set of instructions after placing your new dental restorations. However, if you have not yet visited our office or are looking for a refresher, here are some tips that you can employ to preserve your dental crowns and ensure that they last for as long as possible -
- Watch what you eat. When eating, you need to be cognizant of any food that is particularly difficult to chew and also hard on your teeth and gums. Remember that eating something like very hard nuts can be bad for your natural teeth and can also be bad for porcelain crowns. Something like a hard nut can literally crack your natural enamel and porcelain crowns, making it necessary for you to receive additional dental restorations. You can protect your teeth by simply not eating anything that could damage them.
- Don’t chew on anything that isn't food. While this may seem like common sense, as an 87109 dentist office, we have treated plenty of patients that have damaged their natural teeth and their restorations by chewing on things like pencils and bottle caps. If it isn't edible, keep it out of your mouth.
- Do not chew on ice. No matter how hot it is outside, chewing on ice is a bad idea because it can break your porcelain crowns and chip your natural enamel. You're better off by getting a smoothie or a slushy that is cool but will not hurt your teeth.
- Be sure to brush and floss your teeth on a daily basis. Remember that your crowns are on top of natural teeth and so are your dental veneers. This means that your natural teeth can still become infected or experience decay if you're not careful to take care of them. By brushing and flossing twice a day, you will reduce the likelihood of this and help your restorations to remain secure on healthy teeth.
- We also recommend that you visit our dental office for teeth cleanings twice a year. This will allow us to remove additional plaque and tartar from your teeth and restorations, and also to notice if you are showing any signs of decay or infections. If you are, Family & Cosmetic Dental Design will want to treat you right away so that your restorations do not suffer instability.
- Wear a mouthguard if you grind or clench your teeth at night so that your restorations do not accidentally shift in your sleep.
These tips, while simple, can help your dental crowns & dental veneers to last well over two decades.
Visit Family & Cosmetic Dental Design for New Porcelain Crowns or Dental Veneers
As an Albuquerque, NM cosmetic dentist, we can provide you with beautiful and natural looking porcelain crowns or dental veneers in order to restore teeth that have been damaged or to improve the appearance of your teeth and smile. To learn more about this solution or to get more tips on caring for them, call our Albuquerque office at (505) 359-2289.
Dental veneers are a cosmetic treatment used to improve the appearance of teeth with slight imperfections. If the teeth are discolored, chipped or slightly crooked, veneers will give the teeth a better shape and color.So, when are dental veneers a good cosmetic treatment? You would need a dental exam and a dentist's feedback to know…
Are you dreaming of a perfect smile but have chipped teeth, discolored teeth, significant gaps in between the teeth or another dental issue?Improve your smile and confidence with veneers applied by a cosmetic dentist. Veneers can reshape and even out the teeth, fill in the gaps and give a beautiful, pearly white smile to show…
As a dentist, we strive to clean our patients' teeth while also ensuring that their teeth remain healthy. Our aim is for our patients to retain their natural teeth for as long as possible. Preventative care plays an important role in accomplishing this since regular teeth cleanings are essential for preventing infection and disease. It…